Unbiased Belize information, or as I say, “the unbelizeable truth” can be hard to find for anyone thinking about moving, living, or retiring to Belize. Welcome to my website dedicated to provide the knowledge that you need to make an informed decision.
Here are some reasons that this Belize information might benefit you.
- Maybe you are looking to combat the aches and pains of life by retiring to warmer (tropical) climate.
- You have had enough of the “rat race” and crave a simpler and more laid back life style.
- Maybe you want a lower cost of living to help your shrinking North American nest egg go a little farther.
- You can appreciate the value of the life education that you and your children will receive living for a time in a
third world countrydeveloping nation.
What ever your reasons might be, my first piece of advice to you and a common theme on this site will be, do your research. There is much Belize information to answer the questions you are already asking yourself, but I am willing to bet that there are many more things that we take for granted in other parts of the world that you might never even think to ask.
Questions You Will Want To Ask
- How is the health care?
- Is health care expensive?
- Are medications I need readily available?
- How far will the nearest hospital or clinic be?
- How do the legal and education systems work?
- What languages are spoken?
- Do the Belizean people welcome foreigners and will I fit in?
- What are the options and procedures to gain residency?
- What is required to bring my furry family members to Belize?
- Can I work if required?
and there are many, many more questions you will want to answer for yourself before making a final decision.
Don’t Become A Statistic
Statistics say that more than 55% of all the people that move to developing nations in Central America leave within a year, and even more by the end of year two. Why is that? There are several common reasons that I share in my post titled “People Leave Belize, Not Always Paradise”. The short answer in my opinion, is that people did not know the right personal questions to ask, or were not honest in their answers to themselves. So, don’t become a statistic. I am here to help you to do your research. I have nothing to sell and no agenda other than to help you make an informed decision and the choice that is right for you.
After going through the pages and posts please feel free to contact me with any additional questions or insights you might have. Let’s connect via the social media links provided, or by using one of the methods outlined on the “Contact Page“. I would love to chat, and hear about your interest in Belize.
I would Love to hear from you
It is important to me to present what you need and to answer all of your questions. Please help me to make this site your go to resource on Belize. Let me know what you think of this website, or ask your questions in the comment area at the bottom of the page.
If you see value in what you have seen so far and
would like to be among the first to receive future updates.
Please subscribe in the right column.
Rest assured that I will never share your information,
or bombard your inbox.
I hate spam too.